Saturday 2 July 2016

A Wonderful and Touching Review

Whenever I get a good review from a customer, I feel elated. I really really appreciate their taking time to write good things about my works. All reviews are wonderful and very informative for me. But the recent one is not only long but also so wonderful and touching.

I had received a custom order to make a tsumami zaiku bridal hair clip from a lady about a few months ago before moving to Tokyo. The lady wanted me to make this clip for her future daughter in-law's wedding in August. Every time I get a custom order for wedding, I get so nervous. So this time I was also very nervous. Not only it's for a very important event but also everything was hectic for me because of the moving.

Luckily everything went well. Coincidentally I received a bolt of vintage silk fabric from my mother in-law's friend. And it was pink, just the right one that I needed for the hair clip. A few days after having tidied up small working place in my new apartment, I started making. The hair clip was completed within 4 - 5 days. I took some pictures and she loved it, which made me feel so relief. So I listed on my Etsy shop and once she'd made payment, I shipped it the next day. After almost 2 weeks I hadn't heard anything from her. I began to feel worried. I used EMS Japan Post. It comes with a tracking number and is fast. Based on my experience a package shipped by EMS arrives within 7 business days to United States. I wrote to her and she said the package hadn't arrived. I traced it on EMS Japan Post site and it said the package was still held up by custom in San Francisco. Oh I was so worried.. This had never happened before. Just as my worry began to escalate, I got this wonderful and touching review from her the next morning.

I was so thrilled and touched by such heartwarming words. And of course I feel so relieved..She's promised to take a picture of her daughter in-law-to be wearing the hair clip. I can't wait!

I wish I could put the picture on my blog when it comes, but I will not. It's so personal. I don't want to invade someone's privacy. So I just attach here the picture of the hair clip that I made for her :)



No comments:

Post a Comment