Saturday 22 March 2014

Getting Fit With YOGA While Having Almost Recovered Foot

It's been almost 5 months since the time when I had a fractured foot (Read http://jagatarabatik.blogspot.jp/2013/11/on-bed-rest.html).  I have got back on my feet again, yaaay!!

Actually they removed the cast 4 weeks later. But I couldn't walk immediately. My foot was as weak as Harry Potter's arm in Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secret. I was shocked to see that. My left foot had lost its power. It took me about 1 month and a half to regain it. I didn't do any special exercise or rehabilitation. I still used crutches for another two months after the cast had been taken off.

I began working again, making kanzashi and tsumami zaiku in February. I had to do it since my Etsy shop  was almost empty. I felt I needed to fill up items on my shop.

I was working and working and working and I forgot that I felt exhausted easily. I actually just worked for 3 - 4 hours in my atelier, but somehow I felt extremely tired.
My husband reminded me that the reason for that was because I hadn't done any exercise. He suggested I took up yoga again. I hesitated a bit. I mean, how can I do yoga with my less powerful left foot than the right one. But I got tired of experiencing fatigue.  Then I browsed youtube and found these.

This modified Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is great! I usually do just 10 minutes of this. Then I continue with pranayama: kapalabathi and anuloma viloma. Both take about 28 or 30 minutes.





And the result was amazing!! I felt rejuvenated immediately. Just this 30 minute exercise everyday, I can overcome my fatigue and I sleep better. Yoga is just wonderful. You can modify the poses to suit your body condition. I LOVE YOGA !!

No comments:

Post a Comment